Google
 

18 novembre 2006

School for parents, round #3

Educate to listening (Prof. M Baldini). [Italian version below]
  • Nowadays no one listen to the other anymore. It's too difficult. Technology helps to talk, and impairs our listening skill. To listen is necessary a lot of silence (Schopenhauer: in Berlin I cannot philosoph, because it's too noisy there - referring to crack of horsemen's whip). Brief digression about extraverbal communication (including several kind of silence) which should have been developed a bit more, IMHO. Today everything talks, the only defense is cut out the volume. To listen carefully (feastfully) I need time, which is the most missing wealth.
  • Two kind of people are the best (worst) unlisteners: the Peter Pan kind and the Narcissus kind. The latter being more nasty than the first, because listen just himself and speak versus someone instead of speaking with someone. They reduce a dialogue to a series of monologues. You should understand the other brings her reasons: but for Narcissus there is no other, just a mirrored self.
  • Words spoken vs. words speaking: you should regain some authenticity, like poets and children, to give strength to your speech. Dostoevsky: if your audience doesn't listen to you, it's your fault. Listen is a difficult task. Listen to a conference is even more difficult, because you cannot rewind. Brief meta-lecture on the lecture, and the art to listen to a lecture. Nice touch.
  • How could I learn to listen? From living examples, like parents and teachers. Reaching a higher level of self consciousness. Stalking my unlistening tendency, finding what I don't like to hear (nor listen, of course). Publishing in a sincere mood my opinions, really thinking they could be different after someone's speech. Being sufficiently old to understand that none have The Truth.
  • Divorce happens when I think to be married to my fiancée, and I realize I am really to my wife, and in few years she will be my children's mother. G.B.Shaw: "The only man who behaved sensibly was my tailor; he took my measurement anew every time he saw me, while all the rest went on with their old measurements and expected them to fit me."
  • Put in the other's shoes. That's what does a friend. And a seller. Speaking about daily routine, is surely more difficult, there a good chance you'll be boring.
  • Don't forget to help your audience; speaking with short phrases sure will be helpful.
This lecture was very good. Prof. Baldini wants you to change your mental habits, therefore this was probably the most subversive lecture.

BRB in three weeks.


A grande richiesta*, questo articolo appare anche in versione italiana.

Educare all'ascolto (Prof. M Baldini). [English version above]
  • Al giorno d'oggi non si ascolta più. E' troppo difficile. La tecnologia ci aiuta a parlare, e blocca le nostre abilità di ascolto. Per ascoltare è necessario molto silenzio (Schopenhauer: a Berlino non potevo filosofare, perché c'è troppo rumore - riferendosi al rumore delle frustate dei postiglioni). Segue una breve digressione sulla comunicazione extraverbale (inclusi diversi tipi di silenzio) che avrebbe dovuta essere sviluppata di più, a mio avviso. Oggi tutto parla, l'unica difesa è azzarare il volume. Per ascoltare con attenzione (in modo "festivo"), occorre tempo, che è la ricchezza di cui siamo più a corto.
  • I due tipi di persone sono i migliori (peggiori) inascoltanti: il tipo Peter Pan e il tipo Narciso. Quest'ultimo è il peggiore, perché ascolta solo se stesso e parla contro qualcuno anziché per qualcuno. Riducono i dialoghi ad una serie di monologhi. L'altro porta le sue ragioni: ma per Narciso non esiste l'altro, è solo un io riflesso.
  • Parola parlata contro parola parlante: si deve recuperare autenticità, come i poeti e i bambini, per dare forza ai tuoi discorsi. Dostoevsky: se il pubblico non ti ascolta, è colpa tua. Ascoltare è difficile. Ascoltare una lezione è ancora più difficile, perché non si può riavvolgere il nastro. Segue una meta-lezione sulla lezione e l'arte di seguire le lezioni. Bel tocco.
  • Come imparo ad ascoltare? Dagli esempi, genitori ed insegnanti. Raggiungendo un livello più elevato di autocoscienza. Stanando le mie tendenze all'inascolto, trovando ciò che non mi piace ascoltare (né sentire). Metterndo in ballo le proprie opinioni, pensando sinceramente che possano cambiare dopo l'intervento dell'altro. Essendo abbastanza vecchi per capire che nessuno possiede La Verità.
  • Il divorzio avviene quando penso di essere sposato con la mia fidanzata, finché non capisco di essere sposato a mia moglie, che fra pochi anni sarà la madre dei miei figli. G.B.Shaw: "L'unico uomo che si è comportato con passione è stato il mio sarto; infatti mi ha preso le misure da capo ogni volta, mentre gli altri usavano le vecchie e si aspettavano che funzionassero."
  • Mettersi nei panni altrui. Questo è ciò che fa un amico. E un venditore. Parlare del quotidiano e molto difficile, ed è probabile che tu risulti noioso.
  • Non dimenticare di aiutare il tuo interlocutore; parlare per piccoli periodi e frasi corte certamente aiuta.
La lezione è stata molto buona. Il prof. Baldini cerca di cambiare i tuoi vizi mentali, pertanto questa è la lezione più sovversiva fatta finora.

Ci vediamo fra tre settimane.

* una sola richiesta, ovvero l'1,2% dei visitatori di questo sito...

5 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Qualcun altro dica che lo ha letto in italiano, please, così si diventa il 3 o 4 %.
..Visto che noi fans a distanza del corso genitori non ci perdiamo una puntata....!

Unknown ha detto...

Mi diverte leggere il riassunto che pubblichi nel blog confrontandolo con gli appunti scritti da mia moglie.
Avete entrambi un'ottima capacità di sintesi,che bella cosa....
...in italiano...

George Henry ha detto...

2 WEEKS AGO I ENDED NATURAL HERBAL TREATMENT FROM TRADITIONAL HEALER WHO IS IN AFRICAN, I GOT RID OF HPV VIRUS OUT OF MY BODY WITH HIS HERBAL TREATMENT. It SO AMAZING I'M FREE FROM THIS VIRUS FOREVER. YOU CAN REACH HIM ON; DRONOKUNHERBALCURE@GMAIL.COM  

Unknown ha detto...

Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

Unknown ha detto...

Some years ago I was tested herpes positive and ever since then i have been taking different kinds of medicine but yet no improvement until i saw testimonies on the internet of how Dr.enabor has been curing different people from different kinds of diseases, immediately i contacted him. After our discussion he prepared the medicine and send it to me, which i received and took according to his instructions. Now my doctor just confirmed me herpes negative. My heart is so filled with joy, thank you so much Dr.dr enabor for curing me. If you are reading this and you are suffering from herpes or any other disease you can contact dr enabor on this Email address: drenaborsunday333324@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2349055485586

. He is a honest man